A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn. Can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced players. It’s a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. Our two hard courts are easily transformed into eight pickleball courts.
- A fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping pong.
- Played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court and a slightly modified tennis net.
- Played with a paddle and a plastic ball.
- A Game for Everyone:
- The USAPA currently estimates there are now over 100,000 players actively playing pickleball.
- Pickleball facilities are located in all 50 states.
- Many kids and teenagers play it in physical education classes in middle and high school.
- Seniors enjoy the social aspects and the ability to stay active in towns and retirement communities.
- Tennis, racquetball and ping pong players love the competitive nature of the sport and regularly participate in competitive tournaments.
Pickleball was invented in 1965 on Bainbridge Island, a short ferry ride from Seattle, WA. Three dads, Joel Pritchard, Bill Bell and Barney McCallun, whose kids were bored with their usual summertime activities, are credited for creating the game. Pickleball has evolved from original handmade equipment and simple rules into a popular sport throughout US and Canada. The game is growing internationally as well as with many European and Asian countries adding courts.
The pickleball court is the same size as a doubles badminton court, measures 20x44 feet. In pickleball, the same court is used for both singles and doubles play. The net height is 36 inches at the sidelines and 34 inches in the middle. The court is striped similar to a tennis court with right and left service courts and a 7-foot non-volley zone in front of the net (referred to as the kitchen). Courts can be constructed specifically for pickleball or they can be converted using existing tennis or badminton courts.